To Mohamed

don't remember much
was a long time ago
but we were friends
he watched me grow

a little english girl
a little Omani boy
playing on the swing
must have been joy

he'd come to the door
ask me to play
or i'd squirt him with water
those were good days

photos of us all
sitting on the swings
dressed in uniform
smiles always brings

then we grew up
didn't play much
wasn't socially correct
separation as such

then I moved away
hardly saw him at all
in all seven years
just a handshake in the hall

i don't think either of us
really remember
a childhood long ago
but now it becomes tender

found out he died
just the other day
died in a crash
what else can i say?

now i write and cry
for a childhood friend
who i hardly know
who's life won't mend

no matter big or small
part of my life he was
now that he's gone
I feel sad just because

25.6.09

No comments:

Post a Comment