The rain ...

The splitter splatter and constant patter of the rain outside drew my numbed attention from the tedious work I'd been scribbling halfheartedly at. The sheer beauty of rain pulled me away from the half-filled dull paper and drew me to the window where i looked out on a world encased in drops.

I watched as they fell silently from the sky to make little pitter patter sounds different objects below. It was like music. Different pitches on different objects, some made small, almost inaudible twangs yet others made resounding clangs as the rain beat down upon them. All played by the best musician of all ... nature itself. Suddenly the drops started soaring down, faster and faster, harder and harder; soaking the dry, cracked earth, washing the dust from every crack, washing everything clean. Oh that it would wash me clean too! Wash all the work and stress from within me like it washes the dirt from every insignificant crack in every wall. That they would flow away like the turmulous wadis that crash and tumble away down the valleys, to sweep away everything negitive and crushing in my spirit.

Oh but i love the rain. There's something about it. It's full of contrasts. It's peaceful yet always causes chaos, it washes clean and fills up the parched land but never fills up the parched soul, it's weak in the little rounded drops that fall from the sky yet when accumilated in a river or wadi it can be a fierce Lion dragging away anything it it's path.



My mind drifted back to the present, to the world i was placed in, the world i live in now ... my life! Finally with all my regret i pulled myself sadly away from the window, the window into my paradise of dreaming, and sat down to that tedious work and those degected little pieces of paper. As i worked i still listened to the magical music of the pattering rain outside my window, calming me and ... always waiting for me.


22.12.09

No comments:

Post a Comment